- This event has passed.
Muzzleloader Silhouette Match
November 27, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
MUZZLE LOADER SILHOUETTE MATCH
MATCH DESCRIPTION A match consists of 20 rounds:
- 5 chicken targets at 25 yards (Offhand Position)
- 5 Pig targets at 50 yards (Offhand Position)
- 5 Turkey targets at 75 yards (Any Position using wooden cross sticks)
- 5 Ram targets at 100 yards (Any Position using wooden cross sticks)
- All targets are to be placed on stands off the ground.
- Any muzzleloading rifle with open sights (shaders allowed) loaded with “single patched round ball”.
- Any in-line muzzleloading rifle with optics loaded with a “single patched roundball”.
- Targets are designed to fall with a medium to light load for a hunting rifle.
- All targets can easily be toppled with a 45 caliber round ball and 60 grain charge.
- Any shooter who is destroying targets will be disqualified.
- Bullet loading blocks are allowed.
- Loading powder directly from a flask or horn into the muzzle of a muzzleloader is prohibited.
- SPOTTING SCOPES Are allowed and may be placed behind the loading area.
- Firing is in 5-round stages, 10 minutes per stage, in offhand position….except TURKEY & RAM targets which can be fired in any position using wooden cross sticks.
- Each competitor has a bank of 5 metal silhouettes to fire against, one shot at each, left to right, in order.
- Hits out of sequence are misses.
- Only hits and misses are recorded, and a silhouette must be knocked from its rest to score a hit.
- Turning a silhouette on stand does not count. Ricochet hits count.
- There are no re-fires or alibis except for mechanical malfunction; then the competitor will be allowed to repair, or use another rifle. Such completion firing may be done.
- All shots are scored by marking either an “O” for a miss or an “X” for a hit, in the correct spaces on a score card.
- If a tie occurs, the shooter with the greater number of Rams will receive the higher position.
- If ties remain, the greater number of turkeys will be used, and so on to the pigs, chickens, until a clear winner appears.
RANGE OFFICER’S FIRING LINE COMMANDS
- Shooters to the firing line.
- Shooters, load your muzzleloaders
- Is the line ready?
- The line is ready, you may commence firing.
- You have ten minutes.
- Cease firing Clear and bench all muzzleloaders (Fire all unfired loaded rounds into the bank.)
- Is the line clear?
- The line is clear, go forth and set targets for next shooters
Setup begins at 1PM..
Match Director: Dave Lawrence 402-992-5406