- This event has passed.
Match – Small Bore, CMP Rimfire Sporter
July 3 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$5.00
Sight-In and Briefing: 8:45am
Match Start: 9:00am
Match End: 12:00pm
Entry Fee: $5.00 (Free for under 18)
Match Director: Andrew Malcolm, (402) 649-4546, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sixty (60) rounds for record plus practice rounds at the shooter’s discretion
- All rifles must be chambered in .22cal long rifle
- Magnum rimfire or .17cal rifles cannot be used
- The maximum weight allowed is 7.5 pounds including sights and an optional sling
- Rifles used may be either manually operated or semi-automatic
- Shooters with manually operated rifles are given extra time in rapid fire
- Tactical 22 rifles are allowed for this match, but must meet weight and trigger rules
- Any rifle with receiver mounted sights will compete in the T division. Scopes are limited to a maximum of 6 power. Scopes with more power than the limit may be used if they are taped with electrical tape at or below 6 power.
- Triggers must be at least 3 pounds for all rifles. A digital scale will be used to weigh both triggers and the rifles. No rifles will however be disqualified as this is a fun match, not the Olympics.
- Please bring a shooting mat, rug or piece of carpet to lay on for the first stage.
- Specialized shooting coats and shooting gloves are not allowed
Basic Match Concept
- This match is designed for shooters to use their favorite basic .22, not heavy target rifles
- Rimfire Sporter firing is done from 25 and 50 yards on special targets. Shooting starts from 50 yards. Competitors have 15 minutes for sighting or practice.
- Special Rule for 2022 CMP Match; All shooters will be required to shoot a CRC club rifle for at least one stage of the match. One stage consists of 10 shots for record so choose wisely grasshopper. We have 8 right-handed and 2 left-handed Savage rifles with iron sights. Shooters will provide their own ammo.
- Prone: Shooters begin at 50 yards with a sighting or practice series and then shoot ten shots for record slow-fire in the prone position, followed by two five-shot rapid-fire series. Shooters will have 10 minutes to fire the slow-fired portion of this stage.
- Rapid fire: Bolt and lever action rifles will have 30 while semi-auto rifles will have 25 seconds to fire 5 shots. Shooters will then be given enough time to reload and make ready before firing the second 5 rounds.
- Sitting/Kneeling: This is followed by ten slow fire shots and two five-shot rapid-fire series in the sitting or kneeling position at 50 yards.
- Standing: Targets are then placed at the 25-yard line where shooters conclude with ten shots slow fire and two five-shot rapid-fire series in the standing position.
The center white is 1.78” across on an official CMP target.